When you start to get good at juggling three balls, often you think the next move is to add another ball.
That’s not the next move. Going from three balls to four requires a completely different set of moves – it’s not addition, it’s reinvention.
When you get good at juggling, rather than add another ball, consider…
- Juggling with more finesse.
- Entertaining while you juggle.
- Juggling while distracted.
- Juggling slightly different objects.
- Telling a story through your juggling.
- Creating meaning through your juggling.
Whatever you’re juggling right now – literally or metaphorically – don’t try to add more to it. Try a different move instead.