Choral teachers: as we reach the end of the summer and the beginning of the school year, it’s time for a “summer take-stock.” (I saw my school’s summer stock performance of Once on This Island on Friday…)
I’m asking myself these questions; hope they are of value to you, too.
- What do I want to be the same as last year?
- What do I want to go differently from last year?
- What is the most important thing I want my students to understand on the last day of school?
- What can I do to make sure that my job and the jobs of fellow choral educators gets better support from the powers that be?
- What is one big project or goal that I can set myself on this year?