Without a doubt, the best way to see Europe is with a choir.
- Your travel group is made up of people you already know well from rehearsals and performances.
- When everyone else is taking pictures of famous locations and moving on, you get to make music in places expressly designed for singing.
- After all of those years of singing in Italian/German/French/etc., your students get to experience those cultures from the inside.
- Choir people have certain similarities, which makes touring together a breeze.
- One word: gelato. (Okay, that’s not exclusive to singers…but who can deny this reward for travel!)
I’m anticipating a wonderful trip to Italy this spring with the Rockford Choirs; I’m especially looking forward to sharing Italy with my students and sharing the particular joys of an international choir tour with them.